Server Colocation - here we go again

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 29 14:45:58 PDT 2003

On May 29, 2003 03:33 pm, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> I know its one of those *free* ones, but how about California Community
> Colocation Project <http://www.communitycolo.net/>? We could host thru
> them and also pay them via donations. As per their website, their
> estimated cost per month for colocation is around $50. We would be
> paying for it and at the same time supporting a non-profit organization,
> one stone, two birds :-)

I've already contacted them. They say they can colo us, but can't really deal
with our bandwidth usage. Even without the FTP online, Jesse's server is
still pushing 65 GB a month on average. We'll can lower this of course by
using mirrors more efficiently (round robin dns should be setup one of these
days for starters), but still, there's a lot of data transfer left and
communitycolo say they can't deal with those kind of numbers.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org