Problem with Libtool-1.5

Kelledin kelledin+LFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Thu May 29 22:21:36 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 09:47 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Thanks. Have added it to blfs-bugzilla. I had been doing the
> same thing in my build scripts for a long time.

I'm very much in agreement with Greg about autotools.  Anyone
who's worked extensively with autotools has probably found that
they have extremely lousy backwards compatibility.  If your
autotools suite is too old or too new vs. the one used to
generate a package's scripts, your version may not even be able
to regenerate the scripts without manual hacking.

Probably the best and simplest solution is remove the offending
Makefile rules (the ones that regenerate scripts via autotools).

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org