CVS ready to use?

Michael Brömer mib at telebel.de
Fri May 30 13:13:00 PDT 2003

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2003 20:25 schrieben Sie:

>I've finished LFS-CVS install itself and added some base X stuff like
> XFree86 itself, KDE, GTK-1, GTK-2 and some other things.

I did build almost all from BLFS (except GNOME) too, no problems here.
The only thing i noticed was that i ran into the "OO builds fine, but
does not install itself properly" problem for the first time. Maybe because
i used "-Os -pipe" as my default optimization except for gcc, binutils,
glibc and the kernel of course.

> The only thing I need to remind myself is to use /opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc
> as the compiler when compiling third-party kernel modules. For instance
> I compiled the alsa driver by accident with gcc-3.2.3. The result is
> that the driver loads fine, but when I try to unload Linux locks up. And
> alsa utils seg fault when I try to play sound files. Recompiling the
> driver with 2.95.3 fixed all that. Similar problems with other kernel
> modules.

I used gcc-3.2.3 exclusively. Third party modules i use are
NVIDIA, ALSA, ecc and lm_sensors, again no problems.

Michael

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org