Summary requested

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 8 10:13:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 11:22, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Well, Here the summary as I remember it, of issues that are still
> pending to decide on, and the pros and cons as I see them:

Ok here goes, final decision that will close the issues as far as they
haven't been closed yet.

> 1) Dropping C++ support out of gcc 2.95.3

Let's do this and include Zack's patch to fix the -return-type bug.

> 2)  Dropping make checks to optional for non-toolchain packages

Agreed. Let's keep the "make check" for the toolchain packages
(binutils, gcc, glibc) and provide notes to the other packages that
check's are available if people choose to run them.

> 3)  Removal of CFLAGS munging in Zlib

I say we go with it. If people set their own CFLAGS variable, they had
better know what they are doing, too.

I recall a note that there may be a problem on Alpha platforms? Maybe I
read it wrong and there's no problem: is the munging needed on non-x86
platforms to get things to work properly?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.beekmansworld.com

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem