Calling Developers and CVS Gurus

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Sep 16 08:49:54 PDT 2003

James Robertson wrote:

> This message cross-posted to alfs-discuss, server-admin and lfs-dev.
> All replies in alfs-discuss please.
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on getting the code for nALFS 1.1.7 into the CVS
> repository on Belgarath (our main box).
>
> I am looking for two kinds of people in this message. I am looking for
> C developers that have some time that want to actively develop on the
> nALFS product (fix bugs, do enhacements, work with the testing team's
> and LSB's needs)=

I would think that C is not the best language.  You are doing a lot of
string manipulation and other languages do that better than C.  Perl
would be my initial choice because of its regular expression
capability.  Besides, it wouldn't have to be compiled.

Yes, I know this should probably be on the ALFS list.

  -- Bruce