Keyboard & mouse - logitech => USB problem

Robert Palm robert-palm at web.de
Sat Jan 3 12:18:34 PST 2004

Hi fellows,

I have 2 Problems: First one with my logitech keyboard:

I have no numbersign and apostrophe working in the console. I use latin1-de keymap and tried latin1-de-nodeadkeys and us, too but did not help. I think the problem is concerning usb (hid). The keyboard works with the USB-PS/2 Adpter shipped with my Logitech keyboard with this map perfectly.

dumpkeys says numbersign and apostrophe is keycode 43, so you know what button I am talking about.

The second problem deals with gpm and my mouse (also working with PS/2).

Example:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- original version
Linux From Scratch

Version 5.0

  Gerard Beekmans

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Gerard Beekmans

   This book describes the process of creating a Linux system from scratch,
   using nothing but the sources of the required software.

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003, Gerard Beekmans

   All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- copy version
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQEQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ                               Linux From Scratch

Version 5.0

  Gerard Beekmans

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Gerard Beekmans

   This book describes the process of creating a Linux system from scratch,
   using nothing but the sources of the required software.

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003, Gerard Beekmans

   All rights reserved.

Linux From Scratch

Version 5.0

  Gerard Beekmans

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Gerard Beekmans

   This book describes the process of creating a Linux system from scratch,
   using nothing but the sources of the required software.

   Copyright (c) 1999-2003, Gerard Beekmans

   All rights reserved.

Seems holding left button to copy or mark a text produces is as do many clicks all the time?!

Does anybody can give me a hint how to fix this using usb?

Tnx

Robert