Keyboard & mouse - logitech => USB problem

Theo Schneider theo at schneider-berlin.net
Sun Jan 4 09:24:46 PST 2004

Hi Bryan,

Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> Theo Schneider wrote:
>> I hope there will be an official kernel patch in near future.
>
> I'm no authority, but I sort of doubt there will be.  From the
> Post-Halloween Document
> (http://www.linux.org.uk/~davej/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt):
>
> <quote>
>
> - People who customize keymaps or keycodes in 2.4 may need to make some
>    changes in 2.6
>
> </quote>
>
> (Tacked onto the end of a comment about multimedia keys outside of X, in
> the "input layer" section).
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if this was one of those changes.

thanks for you answer, but what i don't understand is, when i connect my
keyboard via usb the "numbersign" key is character 83 in showkeys and when
i connect the same keyboard on the same sytstem via usb->ps/s adapter the
"numbersign" key give 43 in showkeys?

So i think it is an kernel problem. I also update kbd to 1.10 with same
result.

mfg
Theo