Linux 2.4.2{3,4} + vulnerabilities.

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 5 15:08:10 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 05:11:08PM +0100, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> Imho it is time to do a number of 'minor' package upgrades and release
> lfs 5.0.1 or 5.1, whatever as imho it is irresponsible to keep telling
> people 'fbbg' and send them on with known high profile local
> vulnerabilities.

There are a number of packages that ARE drop in replacemnts in the stable
book. The 2.4.24 kernel is one of them. We need an errata page or similar
for this sort of thing. i.e. a place for people to go and confirm that they
can safely use a new pkg because of security exploits or whatever.

Having said that, the time is fast approaching to branch for a 5.1 release.
Before branching, I'd like to get glibc-2.3.3 in, fix 719 to make the Ch 5
test suites optional and fix up some other minor stuff. Not everything on
the roadmap will be done. No big deal, just postpone some stuff to 5.2/6.0
or whatever.