grub-0.93 bug

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 10:48:23 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:21:08PM +0000, Mr Amit Mehrotra wrote:

> There is no use complaining to grub people because
> they have known this problem for years and still
> haven't corrected this.

First of all there is nothing broken, so there is nothing to correct.
Secondly, just as a guess, do you think there are more machines running
1GB or more in them or more machines running under 1GB. After think
about that, then ask yourself which method *should* be the default and
which should require a config switch.

--
Archaic

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to
liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but
without understanding."

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis