linux-2.6.0

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Tue Jan 6 14:10:18 PST 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 22:58, Rafael wrote:
> I use slackware with kernel 2.4.23 and Im trying to move to 2.6.0 but I
> cant.
> When I start the machine everithing goes black.
> dont know why

You're having trouble with your frame buffer device configuration in the
kernel.
Try to enable:

Graphics Support -> "Support for frame buffer devices"
Graphics Support -> "VESA VGA graphics support"
Graphics Support -> Console display driver support -> "Video mode selection
support"
Graphics Support -> Console display driver support -> "Framebuffer Console
support"

This helped me when migrating to 2.6.0.
I had some trouble updating my old debian woody, but now with LFS it is
working very very very smooth on a HP Omnibook 6000 :-)

Thomas
--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.