Possible errors in Coreutils commands (chapter 6)

John Green jg012b8403_2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 00:58:39 PST 2004

Hi,

I am part-way through my first LFS build.  I have a couple of queries
about the coreutils commands in Chapter 6.

1.  I do not understand this command

ln -s test /bin/[

Maybe the result will be useful later, but at the time the command was
executed, it simply linked '/bin/[' to 'test' when 'test' did not exist
on my system.

I have read http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#wrong-ln-s-command,
but it did not help me.

2. This is really minor and may be due to some error by me.
The command

mv /usr/bin/{install,ln,ls,mkdir,mkfifo,mknod,mv,pwd} /bin

complains that 'mv' does not exist.  In fact, 'mv' was already in /bin.

Yours,

John Green