Possible errors in Coreutils commands (chapter 6)

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at netcabo.pt
Wed Jan 7 02:19:00 PST 2004

Have you done the bash +h thingy ?

As I see it, linux complains that doesn't finds mv (that's on /tools at the
begginning of chapter 6, but is moved to /bin later on).
If you read throught the manual, you'll find out that bash hashes the
commands in path by default, meaning that if it finds first mv on /tools and
then is later moved to /bin, it complains about not finding it even if /bin
is in your path.
If you run the command above you'll disable bash hashing, and everything
will be corrected.

But... Still doesn't explains why it disappeared from /tools/bin or why it
was already on /bin ...

Or maybe it has nothing to do with what I said :)

Hope it helps,

 DC