Possible errors in Coreutils commands (chapter 6)

John Green jg012b8403_2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 07:29:17 PST 2004

Hi,

>>/ The command
/>>/
/>>/ mv /usr/bin/{install,ln,ls,mkdir,mkfifo,mknod,mv,pwd} /bin
/>>/
/>>/ complains that 'mv' does not exist.  In fact, 'mv' was
/>>/ already in /bin.
/>>/
/> Have you done the bash +h thingy ?

All is clear after I re-read my logs in the light of the
replies in this thread.  First, I mis-understood the
error reports, which were from bash *about* mv.
Once mv had moved itself, all following mv's
failed, so I obviously did leave out the +h.

I don't know how this happened, since I cut and paste
the re-login commands using X on the host system,
and those commands don't get logged.

I will add 'hash -l'  to my sanity checks every time I re-login.

Thanks,

John Green