LFS 5.1

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 8 12:46:03 PST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:00:42 +1100
Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:07:58PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Looking at the current bug list:
>
> <whole lot of unformatted html deleted>
>
> > I suspect the XML overhaul and glibc 2.3.3 should be postphoned to
> > 5.2, otherwise everything looks quite doable to me.
>
> glibc-2.3.3 should be going in real soon now. i.e. before we branch
> for 5.1. Agree with point about the XML overhaul. Apologies to Matt,
> still haven't gotten around to properly looking at his work :-(

Don't worry - I've not looked at gsbuild yet :P

I'd agreee with this plan.  Although the XML overhaul is looking quite
good already (IMHO of course) it still needs a bit of work and a lot of
eyeballs from devs and readers alike (the first group primarily for
ensuring the structure is sensible, the second group primarily to ensure
presentation is sensible).  The 5.1 release should definitely not be
delayed by waiting for the XML work to be completed (there's still a
long way to go!).

> > I think we should now start focusing on LFS 5.1 now.
>
> Agreed. I mentioned same only 2 days ago.

+1 here.

Best regards,

Matt.