LFS 5.1

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jan 8 16:59:00 PST 2004

>From where I sit, running both kernel-2.4.2x (albeit openmosix)
with glibc-2.3.3 (w linuxthreads) builds with latest everything
(cluster up since Dec 2)

and 2.6.0 w glibc-2.3.3 (NPTL) with most of BLFS sitting on top
(running HARD since Dec 25th) I haven't had any dramas with
glibc-2.3.3 whatsoever.

It's pretty much drop in and watch it go, no regressions, no change
to any instructions.

If their was any flakiness my cluster would have barfed LONG ago
(that works DAMNED HARD too).

It's all good :-)

>From experience most of the CVS glibc's I've pulled since march/april have
worked a treat (w linuxthreads) against any kernel I've built
it on.

/me reckons upgrade is safe... but of course just my $0.02 FWIW ;-)

 Regards
Ryan