new layout for the book (Gerard?)

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Jan 8 19:28:44 PST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, James Robertson wrote:

> Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational. You said the following on 01/09/04
> >>00:14:

> > I suggest that one of the editors volunteer to coordinate a summary
> > and decision process.
> >

> I would also add that if "votes" is in question, we could use Bugzilla
> to do that.  it has a voting feature by bug.  Open a bug and tell all
> the editors to vote for it or not.  when consenses is reached, close it.
                                           ^^^^^^^^^
I disagree with this word------------------|||||||||

Consenseus = 100%. I think a quorum (2/3) or more would suffice. With so
many varied tastes in a diverse group, consensus on a matter of style,
content, etc. may be extremely difficult. That would force it back into
Gerard's baliwick, which is what we are trying to avoid having to do all
the time.

Otherwise, the use of Bz might be just the ticket, although with a small
group of editors it might XXXXXX probably would be overkill.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational