Should the build commands be reinstallable?

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 9 09:09:28 PST 2004

Hi Bill's LFS Login. You said the following on 01/09/04 14:43:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>+1, except that it should be the default for all commands (or at least
>>for ln; see www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#wrong-ln-s-command).
>
> Does this fit with intended audience? My thought is
> "intermediate-to-advanced" users *may* not need/want this.

Good point. But as FAQ maintainer it is my duty to point out weak spots
in the documentation though. And based on that experience, I can say
that even seasoned Linux users don't know all the intrinsics of ln (and
have been referred to that FAQ entry). So I think that a change of "ln
-s" to "ln -sv" would be in line with our intended audience and the
capabilities which we expect from them.

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
www.jeroencoumans.nl