Glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 10 13:54:14 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:33:48PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Sounds good for CVS, but I hope somebody is going to branch it before
> 5.1 heads for release ?

No, the plan is to get Glibc in before we branch. Otherwise there is little
value in a 5.1 release at all IMHO. A few upgraded minor pkgs and few bugfixes?
Big deal! We need to get the new Glibc in now so that the big 6.0 upheavals
are more bearable. It's the smart thing to do.

All reports of new Glibc use are positive. Anyone who follows Glibc
development will agree. They didn't give me this toolchain manintainers job
for nothing! :-)