Glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 10 14:52:36 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:47:48PM +0100, Justin Knierim wrote:
> I used your instructions for pulling the CVS of glibc.  Could you please
> check:
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/cvs-testing/cvs-output.txt

No, viewing some output doesn't prove anything.

> To see if the cvs pull was ok.  I believe it was.  If you agree it is,
> then if anyone would like to start testing, the package is available for
> download here:
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/cvs-testing/glibc-2.3.3-20031202.tar.bz2
>
> MD5 Checksum:
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/cvs-testing/glibc-2.3.3-20031202.md5
>
> The coreutils posix patch is also mirrored here:
>
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/cvs-testing/coreutils-5.0-posixver-1.patch
>
> I host one of the official mirrors for LFS, so distribute to whomever
> you want, or announce it to the list.  If something is wrong or you do
> not want it publicly hosted yet, let me know, and I will pull it off.

Anyone can pull the code from CVS and make their own tarball. That's why I
posted the instructions :-) But for the LFS unofficial tarball that will
hopefully be mirrored by kind mirror admins like yourself, I think it would
be best if a "blessed" tarball is the one gets mirrored. Like I said, I'm
working with Gerard to try and make this happen. But in reality, the blessed
tarball should be identical to what one would pull down by following the
instructions.