new layout for the book (Gerard?)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Mon Jan 12 09:57:53 PST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi Gerard Beekmans. You said the following on 01/12/04 18:21:
> >
> > Maybe we ought to put somebody in place who can take care of layout and
> > style issues [...]

> Not everything has to be on the roadmap, although it would certainly
> help. Alex, what kind of changes do you want to work on? Perhaps it's
> more productive to discuss them now, reach consensus (I think Bill
> suggested a 66% majority) and put them on the roadmap? That way you can
> work on the items in your own speed and commit them without these long
> delays.

IMO, based on the feedback seen in the posts I reviewed, the basic
nature of the changes was liked by more than a quorum. So that point
need not be discussed again (IMO). What is open, I think, is some
suggestions regarding the TOC and other minor points.

Given that, I suggest that only decide to put it in XML or the 5.1, for
now, and get that started/done.

Then start a new thread about the changes that had been suggested to
Alex's basics. By doing that, and including a couple refs to the
appropriate posts containing those suggestions, the new thread could be
limited to discussing those (and any *new* suggestions that might arise)
without re-hashing the whole topic.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet