Glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Mon Jan 12 13:09:34 PST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 01:39:01PM -0600, James Robertson wrote:
> ><snip>

> In summary, James, I think it wrong for otherwise mostly dormant folks to
> pop up out of the blue and cast judgement on matters they clearly have not
> been paying attention to. This is open source. Those who do the work get to
> make the calls. In this case, it is clear to me that it's a more than
> appropriate upgrade. Consider this.. if the Glibc dev's had made a 2.3.3
> tarball then folks like yourself probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid!
> Ironic isn't it?

Dissenting opinion: he was only asking and posing arguments to support
his feelings. I saw nothing "casting judgement".

That said, >:-> he didn't check the archives first - all of us (well, at
least *I*) have probably been guilty of that occasionally. So I think
all of us can forgive this occasional transgression.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet