Bug #114: expand setclock script

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 12 20:34:37 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 21:04, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> >I think that the principle of the least astonishment (or "do what other
> >distros do" if you like it better) applies here. I vote for saving the time
> >into the hardware clock on shutdown.
>
> This is my feeling too.

It has merit and I am not against it just for the sake of being
anti-distro. I will keep this in mind, i have to mull it over some. I
also think we have spent way too much time discussing this minor issue.
Everybody knows no matter what we decide, there will be people unhappy
about it (with right reasons so, too which makes it even harder because
both camps are right from their own points of view).

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.beekmansworld.com