Bug #114: expand setclock script

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Tue Jan 13 04:02:38 PST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 21:04, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > >I think that the principle of the least astonishment (or "do what other
> > >distros do" if you like it better) applies here. I vote for saving the time
> > >into the hardware clock on shutdown.
> >
> > This is my feeling too.

Ditto!

> It has merit and I am not against it just for the sake of being
> anti-distro. I will keep this in mind, i have to mull it over some. I
> also think we have spent way too much time discussing this minor issue.
> Everybody knows no matter what we decide, there will be people unhappy
> about it (with right reasons so, too which makes it even harder because
> both camps are right from their own points of view).

But the difference is that our users will be aware of it and can change
to suit themselves. So we should not be too concerned about
disgruntlement. As long as we highlight what we do, why we do it and
have accomplished our educational goal, nobody has any solid basis for
griping. We tell 'em "Your distro...".

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational