Routing issues

Robert Day zarin at localhost.localdomain
Tue Jan 13 04:44:55 PST 2004

I know this is not the right list per say for this issue, but I am
hoping some devels might know what is the prob....

I just finished a LFS build, 2.6.1 and NPTL hint based on CVS LFS.
System built fine, and boots fine....

Network is the problem..  namely an empty routing table...

ifconfig shows a configured card (in my current boot, only lo works as
ethernet cards are down due to the vmware it is running in) with
address, bcast, etc. and the card is up.
route returns only the routing table headers, no routes. (not even the
127.0.0.0 default it should show)

if I chroot into the LFS system it works - routes match the host just
fine.

Also if I check /proc/net/routes it is empty....   the rest of proc
seems to work fine...

Any ideas?  thanks

  Rob Day (BOFH)