The \ problem (or annoyance), and a fix proposal

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at netcabo.pt
Tue Jan 13 11:19:07 PST 2004

Nowhere, I know. But it makes it easier for them to do that.

Getting ontopic about the \: The book spends 2 pages dedicated to explain to
users how to ask for help.
And I don't think a "intermediate-to-advanced" user could ever send a:
make [2]: *** [make] Error 1
as a error report.

So, while I admit that the book aims to intermediate users, it's (gladly)
used by manny new linux users, so 1 paragraph explaining the meaning of \
would help.

BTW, let me congrat everyone for the good job. Don't read this as a critic
to your work, just a oppinion.

Thanks,

 DC