Bug #114: expand setclock script

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 13 12:33:13 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 13:23, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Is this all this thread is about?

Yes, whether or that is the right thing to do: updating the hardware
clock with whatever the kernel's version of time is: which may or may
not be more accurate than the hardware clock.

Something about both clocks will drift. If ntp isn't used how do you
determine which clock is better. Maybe this is where adjtime comes into
play. I haven't used it so I don't know much about it.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.beekmansworld.com