Glibc-2.3.3 tarball

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 14:27:43 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 22:57, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
<snip>
> Thats what I meant.  Probably in the part that explains the patch.
> Something like: "This patch restores compatability with many scripts of
> several programs (e.g. head, tail, et al.) by restoring an option of
> -<number> instead of -n <number>.  This capability has been declared
> obsolete, but the traditional behavior is so pervasive that we recommend
> the patch."
>
> Personally, I think the new behavior is more consistent and I won't put
> it in _my_ personal builds.
Nor shall I be including it in mine, the attached script takes the pain
out of the LFS build when you don't use the patch; I have this included
as two functions in my main build scripts which get called after each
package is unpacked and before applying any patches.  So far so good.

And Greg, there are many of us who really appreciate what you do!

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.