new layout for the book (Gerard?)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Tue Jan 13 19:48:31 PST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:24:58 +0100
> Alex Groenewoud <alex at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > ><snip>

> > It seems I will have to.  But when I saw Matthew mkdir chapter0[1-9]/,
> > hard-coding chapter numbers again, I kind of despaired.
>
> So you'd just rather have a single lfsbook.xml file then?  If not then
> what would you prefer.  I've been open to suggestions for ages on
> precisely this structuring of the source files.  Why did you decide to
> wait until (long) *after* I'd done the deed to raise your concerns?
> Still, it can always be changed again if that's what the rest of the
> editors feel is required.  But at the moment they (and myself) have
> nothing to compare it against.  D'ya wanna provide an alternative
> suggestion so we can get the ball rolling on this?

This should not be an issue at this time. You have posted frequently for
an extended period requesting input and feedback. IMO, keep your current
structures for the time being, get the stuff integrated and publication
ready and let work on other needed areas proceed.

*Then* at a later date, all can take a look and see if a substantial
restructuring is warranted.

This is best, IMO, considering all things, like 5.1 approaching, 6.0 not
too much further away and avoidance of punishment for the guiltless.  :)

> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet