new layout for the book (Gerard?)

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 14 04:40:41 PST 2004

Bill's LFS Login wrote:

<snip>

> This should not be an issue at this time. You have posted frequently for
> an extended period requesting input and feedback. IMO, keep your current
> structures for the time being, get the stuff integrated and publication
> ready and let work on other needed areas proceed.
>
> *Then* at a later date, all can take a look and see if a substantial
> restructuring is warranted.
>
> This is best, IMO, considering all things, like 5.1 approaching, 6.0 not
> too much further away and avoidance of punishment for the guiltless.  :)

6.0 is still very far away; . The restructuring should happen *now*; it
has been discussed every since Alex first came out with his alternative
book. The bug it refers to has been filed more then a year ago, and was
discussed and approved multiple times. Please don't delay this again. As
you know, 6.0 is also up for printing, so we should make it the best
release *ever*, including everything we have learnt and come up with
over the last years. Something as fundamental as the structure should be
in 6.0.
Also, I thought it was agreed that there would be a "Proof of Concept"
for the XML branch first (or have I missed it?). This should leave us
enough room for restructuring.

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
www.jeroencoumans.nl