which kernel headers where

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Wed Jan 14 14:55:29 PST 2004

R. Quenett wrote:
> I had a look at the output of 'gcc -print-search-dirs'.  Couldn't see
> /usr/include there, either, maybe it is hidden in one of the '../'s
> or maybe I'm blind.

You're not blind, it's shown somewhere else.  Try "gcc -v dummy.c" on a
suitable dummy.c file, and then look through it for '#include "..."
search starts here' and 'End of search list.'

Then add some include directories to the gcc command (with -I) and see
where they show up in that list.

You could also play around with -isystem, -idirafter, and -nostdinc (and
a couple other variations; check the gcc info page) if you really
wanted.