new layout for the book (Gerard?)

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 15 13:27:40 PST 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Many thanks go to anyone who offers critical evaluation of the current
> state of the LFS/newxml module.  I realise that everyone's pushed for
> time,

Yep, I still haven't looked at your work.  Will do a cvs checkout and
have a look at it all over the weekend.

> There's a TODO and README in there, peruse it, mull it
> over and if anything strikes you as plain wrong then let me know.  I
> can't please anyone if I don't know what you want.

But did you take a look at my booss XML stuff?  It's cranky, yes, but as
flexible as I think the structure should be.

It seems you're suffering from the same problem I had: if things are not
easily visible and in the middle of their path, very few people will go
and have a look at it and comment on it.  And for me it didn't help that
when I first became editor I offered Gerard (by private mail) to design
the new XML, and he said he didn't want me to do that, and then a month
later granted you the job.  That didn't heighten my interest in the
matter.

Alex