plans and wishes

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jan 15 20:01:33 PST 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> You can simplify this testing process quite a bit by making a copy of
> the "official" LFS profile and using nALFS. If you want to test a
> different build order, just modify the profile order (only have to
> change one file) and send it to the testing team. Should be pretty
> painless, keeps all the logs you require and everyone runs the same set
> of build instructions.

:-D

Well fellas, you heard the man.

(and Kevin, you can smack me around the head some, been a while
 since I used nALFS, I'll probably be bothering you some :-) )

Please also do a build of the official profile first for baseline
comparison (not to do testing from, don't kill your host)

Time for me to write up the test team doco (sorry folks, Bill, Bruce,
been very slack in this regard, me and documentation don't get along
too well)

Thoughts, ideas, input greatly welcomed
Also willing vict^H^H^H^Htesters (only if you have a spare box,
wouldn't want people trashing their shiny LFS 5 systems now would
we :-) Also note testing from base LFS 5 will be totally useless (duh))

[R]