Announcing the IANA /etc Files Package

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 15 21:11:54 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:59:17AM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2004 00:35, Zack Winkles wrote:
> > we could merge it with lfs-utils.  It seems stupid to have two separate
> > packages for a program, a script, and a couple of files.  Second
> > opinions on the matter?
>
> I always wanted two separate packages for IANA/mktemp (although never
> pronounced about that). IMHO, it's overkill repackage a maintained or already
> packaged program (now two, with the IANA-etc package) just to reduce by one
> the number of required packages.

I used to be against making mktemp it's own package, but lately I've had a
change of heart for reasons I can't pinpoint :-/

I've only heard complaints from folks about the repackaging and no support
for it. Therefore we may as well bite the bullet and do the right thing and
split it out of lfs-utils and treat it the same as any other package (as
tiny as it is).

If there are no complaints, I'll make it happen. Just need to decide where
to place it and if it should go into Ch 5. There is already a bz open with
some discussion. I've just retitled it to reflect this discussion.