shadow-4.0.4.1

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Fri Jan 16 03:48:40 PST 2004

Just noticed there's a new shadow tarball.

Just casually glancing it over I notice it seems to fix the newgrp bug
and although it still places 2 dead symlinks in /bin, at least now the
vipw link is replaced by a vigr one so that we can just move the symlink
to /usr/sbin now, like we do with sg.

Jack Brown

P.S. Just curious, has anyone ever asked the shadow maintainers why
"make install" creates 2 broken symlinks?  I mean it seems like a pretty
obvious bug... (particularly since they took the time to change one of
them...)