Posix Compliance [Was Re: Glibc-2.3.3 tarball]

Michael Brömer mib at telebel.de
Fri Jan 16 11:40:20 PST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 22:31 schrieb Zack Winkles:

> I ripped it out of your scripts as-is, and did the necesary mods to take
> command line args.  I don't know crap about sed'ing, I couldn't extend
> it even if I wanted to...

I did some minor changes to what you did, like
sed:
   \(uniq -d\|uniq\) instead of \(uniq\)
   added s@\(uniq\) +\([1-9][0-9]*\)@\1 -s \2 at g;
   handle "od" at the beginning of a line and do not delete a leading " "
grep:
 " od -[sw]" to prevent finding chmod -w
 "^od -[sw]"  to find od on the beginning of a line
 "expand" covers "unexpand"
 "uniq -d -[0-9]" added (vim?)
 "sort +[0-9]" would find "sort 1>&2" (texinfo?) -> "sort [+][0-9]"

In case anyone wants it...

When i fiddled with this i did not find examples of the now invalid
usage of the multiplier suffixes [bkm] for "tail" and "head" that
Ryan mentioned. "tail -n 1b" is valid, but what were those suffixes
used to be used like?

--
Michael