plans and wishes

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 17 06:16:53 PST 2004

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> Initial build was published the way it was because
> c) still held true from many varied starting hosts,
>    even from thoroughly broken hosts (you should see some of my
>    ancient systems, you'd cry).

Ah.  But a host broken in a different way than yours might require a
different Ch5 order to work around its brokenness, might it not?  So I
don't think we should take broken hosts into account, except if they
were actual distros.

> Try using an old sed with our current instructions all the way through.

All the more reason to give a list of minimum required versions, IMHO.

Alex