Shadow:- groups

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 18 01:07:05 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 06:58:18PM +1030, pii350mmxpc100 wrote:
> Any one who is looking in to Shadow please look at the "groups" with vi.
>
> I Think you will see shadow uses it for building it self, not for any other
> use.

Have absolutely no idea what you're gibbering on about there..

> Now if you all agree too this, can you please take out the comment about
> having a choice of removing the groups file.  As this file dose not belong on
> the system.

I was only looking at that comment a few hours ago while updating the book
and testing the new shadow. I agree there should not be a choice. I'll
change the wording.

> I think the Coreutils-5.0 "groups" file is the only choice you have got.
> That is, if you whant a working groups file that is.

I still dunno what you're talking about there. The groups from shadow does
work as advertised.