plans and wishes

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 18 13:50:55 PST 2004

Don Smith said the following on 17-1-2004 16:59:

> Why not? Why destroy an order *that has been tested on many different
> hosts* just to make if alphabetical? Ryan & Greg put a great deal of

It's not just esthetic reasons. AFAIK this order has been put together
through trial & error, but was never documented. So this has to be done
anyway to explain the current order. When work on that commences, we
might as well aim for an alphabetical order, that way it is more clear
why certain paackages are in a different order.

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
www.jeroencoumans.nl