/etc/hosts and localhost

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 19 13:38:58 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:13:41AM -0500, Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational wrote:
> Yep. I used one of the methods posted to the list. I could never figure
> why the edit team didn't do something about this.

Probably coz its simply wrong!?!? Geez..

Does anthing thing break coz of lack of it? No!!

Things go in the book when they're proven to be correct. Someone prove why
NIS/YP domainname is correct for LFS then we reconsider.

PS - Bill, your constant whining lately is starting to really get on the
nose. Discussions DO often fizzle out. It's a fact of life. Get used to it.
Instead of whining you'd be far better off using your time constructively.
Pissing off the current hard working active editorial team ain't very
constructive.