/etc/hosts and localhost

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 18:29:09 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:52:16PM -0600, Jack Brown wrote:

> >*I* thank you for it, even if you were not the OP (last year?)
>
> Thanks for the props Bill. :-)
>
> No, I wasn't the OP, but I think that's where I picked it up as well.

I don't think I was the OP, but I mentioned that the file domainname was
only for NIS domains and as such isn't meant to set the fqdn's
domainname.

--
Archaic

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to
liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but
without understanding."

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis