Automating (with bash, not ALFS) the book 5.0 inquiry

Vasiliy Dulskiy jposguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 11:48:12 PST 2004

I've manually built chapter 5 several times until I got it right. I've also tried to simply copy all the commands into a script file and execute; however it never comes out right. I am relatively new to bash (and to such scripting in general), so my question is: is it workable to just use instructions from the book 5.0 to build it from a simple bash script?

Are the commands (in the script) executed differently than if I was typing them into the terminal myself. (does one command waits for the previous one to execute or not).

Thank you in advance.