Automating (with bash, not ALFS) the book 5.0 inquiry

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 20 12:21:40 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 20:48, Vasiliy Dulskiy wrote:
> I've manually built chapter 5 several times until I got it right. I've
> also tried to simply copy all the commands into a script file and
> execute; however it never comes out right. I am relatively new to bash
> (and to such scripting in general), so my question is: is it workable
> to just use instructions from the book 5.0 to build it from a simple
> bash script?
>
> Are the commands (in the script) executed differently than if I was
> typing them into the terminal myself. (does one command waits for the
> previous one to execute or not).
>
> Thank you in advance.

Ryan Oliver used a bash script during development of what lead to lfs
5.0
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ryan/scripts/plfs/

There is also some script or program at least used by Greg that extracts
commands right from the book. You'll be able to find it in the maillists
archives (i don't have it in the brief history i keep in mail client)

Ronald

waiting down the mountain...