plans and wishes

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 20 14:08:09 PST 2004

Joel Miller wrote:
> Alex, your continuing
> crusade to get $LFS changed to /lfs has met with nothing but opposition
> (that I have read anyways) yet you still persist. Perhaps it is time you
> let this one go.

But I haven't yet heard a single valid argument against /lfs, nor a
valid one in favour of $LFS (apart from the doubtful educational one),
just opinions.  And I have a few arguments that speak for /lfs:
1) one can't forget to set it,
2) mistyping it will most probably produce an error message
3) it makes the book a little shorter, getting rid of newbie-type
explanations.

Alex