'su lfs' dropping into the background

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 20 15:18:32 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:39:15PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> .profile is never looked at if .bash_profile (or .bash_login) exists.

Yeah, good point. I just RTFM'd for bash and confirmed. Even if it did, it
still wouldn't matter coz the currently emplyed method is that nifty :-)

> Its not a problem here.  What could be a problem is /etc/profile on the
> host system.

No. Definitely not. That's why the new method was developed in the first
place -- to overcome that very problem. The current book does try to explain
it. Please review and see if we can improve the text.