/etc/hosts and localhost

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Tue Jan 20 16:12:19 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Greg Schafer wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:23:23PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> ><snip>

> When folks take backhanded swipes at the editors ON LIST then I'll

<quote>
Yep. I used one of the methods posted to the list. I could never figure
why the edit team didn't do something about this. Probably got lost in
one of the numerous "black holes" that sprout around here.
</quote>

I didn't realize this was a backhanded swipe at the editors. If I had
known, I wouldn't have posted. The *fact* is I did *not* know why the
tip that was posted just died. And the *fact* is that issues were raised
last year about dangling threads (and other things), issues that needed
to be addressed that were not being addressed. And the *fact* is that
these sorts of things are organizational and procedural issues (*not*
personal issues). So it seemed to me that one of the milder remedies
consists of just keeping them in the "foreground" by offering reminders
when certain opportunities arise.

><snip>

> It's about time the LFS community lifted its game.

I felt that by referencing items such as this, it offered a gentle
reminder that we have issues that we want to address. I feel that
"raising it's game" consists of addressing the issues that were raised
and attempting to solve them. One of the ways to do this is to keep
them in the foreground.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational