'su lfs' dropping into the background

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Jan 20 19:59:28 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:35:42PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Hmm.  You're right of course.  However there may be a problem here.  If
> a user exits from the lfs user and reenters, there is no assurance that
> the 'source ~/.bash_profile' will be run again.

Huh? No matter which way the reader becomes the lfs user, the startup files
will always execute thus solving that problem. That was one of the criteria
when developing the new method.

these methods should be fine (i.e. what I've tested):

1) login from console
2) su - lfs

If someone accidentally does "su lfs" without the "-" then they haven't
followed the book.