i18n for bootscripts

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 21 09:45:19 PST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 10:00, Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Christoph Berg wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just got one of my Linux magazines today and there was an article
> > about how to enable i18n support in bash scripts.
> >
> > Well, I asked this before, but is there any interest to provide the
> > user with bootscript messages in their native language.
>
> Sorry I (we?) missed that. I think you have a good thought there. Let me

I also like it. I work on the translation of the LFS book to pt_BR, and also
would like to see LFS bootscripts in my own language (at least a known
Brazilian distro, called Conectiva Linux, does this).

Like Bill said, this is more suitable for a hint, and if you are planning to
write it, I'm sure the LFS editors can make a reference to your work on the
book.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org