i18n for bootscripts

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 21 09:53:59 PST 2004

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational wrote:

> The nice thing is that if you have an interest, it is not necessary that
> the project have an active interest. Often a contributor, such as
> yourself, does a hint, gets some comments from the community,
> "finalizes" it, and sends it to the hints list where it is posted and
> available to all.

This brings up a good question.  What do we consider to be mainstream?
LFS is in english, but we are a worldwide community so I would think
that I18N would be important.  We install I18N as part of Glibc and
gettext.  LFS is also mostly x86, but we do try to worry about the other
arch's out there.  This is probably best in a new thread.

James