/etc/hosts and localhost

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 21 10:02:31 PST 2004

Can't figure out where to reply to in the thread, so I'll just reply
from the original post, seems to be a good point as any.

Can we maybe try not to get hostile towards one another? I am *not*
pointing fingers here, but from where I stand, it sounds like a
misunderstanding is quickly turning out to be a huge issue with people
pointing fingers at eachother.

If you don't like a suggestion made, it takes a lot more time to write a
flame email back than to let it go by and ignore it. If nobody else
agrees with said suggestion, the thread will die down without the
current tense stress levels. This doesn't make it pleasant for anybody
to try and suggest something. Not everybody is on top of everything and
it's very hard to be. Even myself am not able to always keep up to date
with the latest happenings and I'd not appreciate it if in my
"ignorance" I make a suggestion or two and get yelled at. There are ways
to say "no way buddy you're way wrong so forget about it" that involve a
little more tact and no hurt feelings.