i18n for bootscripts

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Wed Jan 21 12:02:52 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to contribute a hint if that is what the mainstream would
> like to have. But I still have to research more for this
>
> My first thought was, that we could include finished langauges in the
> lfs-bootscripts package by default. We get more and more translations of
> the whole book in other languages, so I thought that it would be very
> nice, to have the bootscripts in different languages.

Fortunately, there are translation projects for several languages. I
don't know what they have done regarding bootscripts. If they have not
done much, a hint that they could use would certainly be a very valuable
tool for them.

You might want to check the LFS website for some of those translation
projects and find out if they have done anything with the bootscripts
using i18n tools. They may also provide valuable help and testing for
your hint effort.

> Fine regards,
>     Christoph Berg

Bill Maltby